Texting while driving has been a problem for a few years now. I was on my way to Ohio and found myself stuck in a traffic jam....and I passed quite a few cars where the drivers were texting. Now much to my surprise every one that I saw was older. I want to say that the age bracket that was texting was from 30 to 50.
Now every day that I'm driving I see mostly women texting.....driving over 70mph and weaving in and out of lanes and sometimes almost side swiping other drivers; which are blind to the fact that they are so close to having an accident.
We put a lot of the blame on younger children and teens for texting expecially while driving....now don't get me wrong there are kids texting while driving, but every young person I see driving I don't see them texting.
Maybe we should have all drivers that carry a cell phone watch a short video on what happens when you text and drive....even though I personally don't text and drive I do have to briefly look at a map and the 2 or 3 seconds that I take my eyes off the road, I find myself getting close to the lines in my lane. when this happened a couple times I decided to add a turn by turn app on my cell phone that way my eyes never leave the road....and I'm a driver by proffession so I feel I did my part to keep the other drivers driving by me safe.
Please if you text and drive at least get a phone that lets you record your texting instead of typing your texts.....or please call...or if it can wait then please let it wait. All our lives depend on it.
Thank you and God Bless you all.
P.S. Stay tuned for the raw truth on Fashion. We are going to buy a complete outfit.....head to toe for just $5.00. the outfit and the prices will be posted next Sunday on the 11th. Hope you enjoy what we pick out....any questions feel free to comment on here.
Bye, Bye and Good Night!!!!
Hugs................Karla
No comments:
Post a Comment