Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Raw Truth about Faith

***FAITH***I have had Faith all my life; Faith that things would go well, Faith that jobs would come my way and Faith that my Lord loved me. Now comes the testing of my Faith.
When I was 16 I was pushed into a very abusive relationship because my mom decided to move away from us kids and move into a boyfriends house.....leaving us the apartment with no money to pay for it. I decided to follow an older man to Chicago because I couldn't pay the rent with no job, so I dropped out of school and moved to Chicago.
6 Years of beatings and hiding I finely managed to escape for the final time.....Faith got me through it all. Then at 22 I got married and had my son at 23, another 6 years of cheating and verbal abuse and I managed to break free again....still holding on to Faith.
Then after finely feeling free I met another man that became my husband a year later. We stayed married just over ten years; life was almost perfect. I had gotten a divorce and for 3 years I was homeless, jobless and vehicle-less.....I am still struggling with all the above problems, but....my biggest test of Faith came after a positive test for Hepatitis C.
I do have a lot of health problems and I will be disabled for life, but when someone says you are real sick it hits like a ton of bricks. I had a lot of people praying for me; I asked my doctor how possible is it for a blood test to read wrong.....Well, she said, you have a 1% chance that it was a false positive, so we did another test. My Faith still holding on but scared all the same and with all the prayers my test came back clear......I don't have the sickness. 35 years of Faith and never once let down...now that is powerful and that's the Raw Truth!!!   (Although it says 35 years of Faith and I am almost 45, it did take me at least 10 years to learn about Faith :0)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment